The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - LFS info in Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
toddg
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via ICQ to toddg

Anyone have comments or updated lists for LFS in Vegas? I started checking out what I could find this week looking for small plants and shrimp:

Atlantis - Lots of tanks and fish. I went to this store two weeks ago before I knew what I was looking for, but I don't recall them having anything 'small'. Lots of salt water stuff and lots of larger size fish. They were busy at the time and I didn't have time to talk with them about selection.

F.I.S.H. - Lots of fish, one tank with live plants. No shrimp.
Lucky Fin - Lots of salt water tanks/fish. No freshwater plants. No shrimp. They did have the Fluorish Excel in stock which I picked up. A lot more expensive then online, but I'll always try and support local shops that have stuff in stock.

Petsmart/Petco: Vary by location. Haven't gotten to the one at Spring Mtn/Rainbow yet (mentioned in earlier thread). Ghost shrimp at a few locations.

I'll check out Reef Jungle and Trop-Aquarium later this week.

Interesting that many of the small shops in town don't have any type of web site. We don't even have a phone book around, so if I can't find it indexed online, I won't find you! I can see not having online shopping, but it costs almost nothing to get a domain and a single web page up and going.
toddg is offline   Reply With Quote