Well, I finally did some real actual work on this thing. We've got a club auction coming up on March 7th, so I'm trying desperately to have it cycled by then.
When I was growing up, I was the youngest of 3 boys, and we ALL played with Legos. By the time I came along, we had multiple big popcorn tins filled with Legos. Basically, any part you could even want for anything you could ever want to build.
I tried to apply that approach to this.
Obviously I could have built the thing with a few less 90 elbows, but I was building for form and function. I was trying to maximize my left over space in the stand.
And, for the record, I still had to make 1 more trip to Home Depot, and 2 more trips to Ace for more parts.
I let it all dry overnight, so water test will be today. Cross your fingers.