The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Jeffrey's "Big Boy"---120g Planted: Updated 4/18/2014 w/ pictures
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #18
jmhart
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Ok, here we go.

Here's my first pass at a plumbing design.....ok, not my first pass, but my first "final draft". Image first"

To fill in some holes:
  1. T M means Top Macros, B m means Bottom Micros, T R is Top Refill, B CO2 is, well, you get the idea
  2. Spray bar is substrate level, and points up and slightly towards back glass

Now, to head off what I think will be a few questions/immediate thoughts:
  1. Tank is corner drilled. Intake/output must enter the tank in that corner
  2. Almost every ball valve is actually a ball valve/true union connection, except the pH probe
  3. Eheims don't have ball valves because they have their own disconnects
  4. Mag Drive 7, 700gph, is there for added circulation/co2 diffusion. Probably overkill at 700 gph, but I already have it, so no added expense. *Might* downgrade it to a Danner 5 @ 500 gph if necessary. Additionally, it runs the tank drain. Because of the design of my house, I need to pump the water up 7'. @ 7' of head, Danner 7 still gets 350 gph.
  5. The 700 gph is almost definitely an issue for the UV. I'm going to measure acutal flow, and if it is indeed an issue(as I beileve it will be) that will force the downgrade to the Danner 5

I really welcome all thoughts/suggestions because I'll be building soon.

Edit: Somebody suggested a drawing with flow direction, so, I've attached it below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120g Plumbing (Directional).JPG
Views:	118
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	17944  

jmhart is online now   Reply With Quote