The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Most and Least Stressful cities in the U.S.
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 11:49 PM   #37
Rolo
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Interesting thread that I just happened to stummble upon.

I used to live in Tacoma, WA, ranked #1 on the list meaning it is the most stressful city. I could agree with that. I was only a kid then but some of the most reoccurring remembrances were the neighbors arguing, the school bus driver yelling at us, and a few occurrences of road rage. Oh, the drive to Seattle is terrible!

Now I live Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN, which is 96th/100th, meaning very low stress. I couldn't agree anymore. People here are very friendly to each other; outta state folks call it "Minnesota-Nice" I guess. Last winter the car slipped off the road in two occurrences and in a about 10 minutes there's someone there to give you a lift. Traffic isn't too bad. It gets crowded at rush hour but no one ever drives recklessly or cuts you off. If there's anything I'm annoyed by, it's everyone driving the speed limit. I dunno, must be in the extremely hard water or the really cold winters. The only time people get rowdy is at a Packers-Vikings game.

I've also heard Minneapolis called the most literate, most healthy (I think), and most fun city to live in the US. Fun might be a stretch though.