The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - how's my scape and what plant to add
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 01:13 AM   #5
EdTheEdge
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy87 View Post
I was considering some of the larger crypts like balansae or retrospiralis, maybe even c. helferi.

Ed- I was considering the red plant and i love glandulosa. I've been afraid of trying it though as I'm not good with red plants. I could be totally wrong about this and I'm in the process (as you can see) of acquiring the final accent plants. How do you think the glandulosa would look with 2-5 stems right in front of where the r. indica and the l. aquatica meet?

kotoeloncat- thanks. . .I try with the trimming and the plants sometimes grows towards the window if I leave it open and it's sunny so it looks messy on occasion. Usually they grow how I like it. I like to keep the l. aquatica low. As I mentioned to Ed, for red, I agree that glandulosa might be nice.

I like the look and change of leaf shape of longer leaved plants like the ones I mentioned at the start of the posts. I was also considering some marsh pennywort to grow through the hairgrass on the right side but I'm not sure. So what do you think about the possible glandulosa placement?
If it grows good in your tank you'd really only need 3 or 4 stems. I started with one tiny little clipping. It's a slow grower for me but it grows strong. Nice thick stems. This plant looms large in a scape.