View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
GraemeK
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to GraemeK

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply...

Well i started to look into the whole start your own business thing and i've got sme advice etc and a business plan to fill out but to be honest i cant justify the expense in starting a shop and all the over heads. I spoke to my local aquatic store which gave me an insight and i wont expect to make a profit for 24months! Thats a lot of cash i need to borrow to live on and get the business going. If it was to flop i'd be stuffed. I'm 23 and havent moved out yet, if that happend i'd be living at home unitl i'm 50.

Therefore the web seems slightly more realistic? I could afford to take the risk and get a decent site going but then that leads me to my next worry, stock. I imagine i'd need to keep limited stock so i can turn round orders for next day delivery which means i'd need a premises to work from. Again huge expense! um...i really need to look into it in far greater detail. Can it work or am i more likely to fail giving the industry. Also you say you became well known through good advice etc but how would be best for me to test the water? If your willing to help maybe you can PM me?

Thanks.

Graeme.
GraemeK is offline   Reply With Quote