With a little over an year's experience in aquarium setup and less than 6 months experience in maintaining high end planted tanks, I am truely a novice in this area. However after doing my research and setting up my 80 gallon planted tank in the first go and seeing it thriving for over 4 months nows (my personal blog on 80 gallon
) I felt confident to move on to my next projects of setting up 2 more layouts in Amano style.
I am not a typical DIY guy, nor do I have the luxury of a good work area where I can execute elaborate DIY projects with wood, glass and power tools. But after budgeting my needs for setting up 2 ADA style tanks and stands (really love the clean and modern look), I decided that I am better off giving it a shot at making them myself and saving some money as well as enjoy my holidays doing these projects.
So my plan
1. Make 2 rimless 22 gallon tanks to maintain 2 aquascapes
2. Make 2 stands. I could have made one bigger stand to hold both tanks, but I chose to make 2 to be able to configure them separately or together as I wish over time.
1. Step by step DIY aquarium setup guide that I want to follow
2. Useful link to calculate dimensions of my tank
3. A very helpful thread on DIY rimless tank building
4. 2 step by step guides for ADA style stand setups here
5. Setup guide for ADA style light bar
More to follow....
Looking forward for your continuous support, feedback and criticism.