Too Much Light?
I have 56 watts (T5: 2 x 10 k, 2 x actinic) over a 15 gallon aquarium. I had no (little) algae problems until I did a massive tank re-planting; I exchanged about 50 % of the plants, disturbing 50 % of the substrate. Now I have green water. I don't use fertilizer or CO2. I use a 12-hour photoperiod.
I bought a 24 watt ultraviolet light sterilizer which is slowly treating the symptom (i.e. the green water) by means of clearing up the water.
My first question is: Do I have too much light?
I thought I didn't have too much because I didn't have any major algae problems before.
My second question is: When my plants get a foothold will they be able to hold off the algae?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.