The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Digital camera?
Thread: Digital camera?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 12:29 PM   #11
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

Hey Stacey I think you will find that just about all the digitals suck when it comes to "freezing" a moving subject, with practice you and settings you can help it a little but thats just the nature of the beast..
Flash will help also but then you can lose pic quality when photographing aquariums.

All my photos are taken with an Olympus Camedia C-4000 Zoom , it is a 4 megapixel camera with all kinds of bells and whistles that I have still not learned... I think it would be easier to learn how to fly a plane then to learn all that this thing can do ! :lol: It also takes movies which I tried and I was actually impressed with the quality for just a camera.

The only regret is the 4mpixel feature...I should have gone with a 2 or 2.5 , they are easier to get quality photos without using crazy settings. I borrowed a friends 1.9 mp and it was very easy to use but when I bought the 4mp camera I found that it will take a more quality shot but you need to find the "magic settings" to get the "ease" of the 1.9 "point and shoot" camera.(Which took beautiful photos as well)

Its all what you are looking for. I would suggest buying a $ 100 digital to learn it and see how they work and then in a short years period the "better" camera's that are 600$ now will be 250$ :evil:

I paid 500 for mine in early december and it now can be bought for 375 in same store ! :lol:

So many camera's to chose from.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote