The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Complexity Journal: 2.5g nano / Torn down for now.
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #40
Complexity
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)

Thanks about the ledge. I won't rescape this tank when I move (or I should say my move and rescaping of this tank don't affect each other). I'll do it whenever I get the time.

The rock ledge is just a progression from what I had already done. I couldn't keep the rocks to stay where I wanted them, so they are actually encased in a plastic mold I made. I used hot glue to hold the rocks in place.

So what I hope I can do is take the whole thing out and glue more rocks on the front side of it. Then rather than burying it in the substrate like a river, I'll use it like a retaining wall to create two depths of substrate which I hope will add to the illusion of scale.

I won't know if it'll work until I try it, but I have nothing to lose other than some time, a few rocks and burnt fingers from the hot glue!
Vicki Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

90g - Journal Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' 75g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red' Better Pics 8-24
29g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' -- 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
5g - RCS colony 2.5g - Journal Retired
Complexity is offline   Reply With Quote