The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Synthetic oil
Thread: Synthetic oil
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 03:59 PM   #31
newkidvoodoo
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to newkidvoodoo Send a message via MSN to newkidvoodoo Send a message via Yahoo to newkidvoodoo

i knew this was going to start a war, but whatever, i'll play along (incidentally, that's what i say to myself when some guy in a camaro/mustang/or any other "american muscle" car starts flexing on me at a stoplight). first of all, i am not a professional race car driver, and i have never been to the drag strip with my WRX. all i can say is that on more than 10 occasions, i have humiliated said "american muscle" cars at various stoplights around town. owners of cars with relatively high horsepower ratings tend to assume that horsepower is all that is functioning in a dragrace. i will admit that my car is not completely stock, but i doubt my boost controller is really accounting for all that much. i grew up in a muscle car family, and for a long time i though there was "no replacement for displacement", i have found this to be totally, and completely false.

34 gal, Proquatics 1600 (160gph), Proquatics heater (200w), 4x30w flourescent bulbs (3.16wpg), nutrafin co2 system, 5 in Flourite/Onyx substrate mix (50/50), Flora: java fern, java moss, various cryptocoryne... Fauna: 3 Boesemani rainbows, 1 oto, 1 pleco, 5 Amano shrimp, and lots & lots of malaysian trumpet snails.
newkidvoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote