The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My Ten Gallon Project
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #22
TurtleShark
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well, sorry about not updating. My plants have taken off (the telanthera quite litteraly (more on that in a moment)) and every one is alive and healthy. I lost a guppy to a pictus catfish (long story) so now I have 2 guppies and 5 serpaes in the tank.

Anyway, pictures soon! Hopefully after I fix a slight problem...

The tank is horrible looking right now... Somehow (and don't ask me how because I have no idea) my telanthera has come uprooted slightly... It's taking over the tank! It had been growing so well that I was forced to cut it back (it grew out of the water !) yes, I was surprised. That was maybe two weeks ago. So, imagine my surprise when I noticed that it was growing out of the water level again... So, I got the cutters out and was going to trim it when I noticed a slight problem... Only a couple stems were actually rooted in the water.

Now I can't get them back in the gravel... Whenever I shove one back down, another pops up.

Any suggestions? How do I get the stupid plants to stay down???
55 gallon -- 2 bala sharks, 8 tiger barbs, 1 rainbow shark // 29 gallon -- 1 four inch painted turtle // 10 gallon -- many small ramshorn snails, 2 plants, 5 serpae tetra, 2 guppies, 2 nerite snails // 10 gallon -- 6 mollies // 10 gallon -- nothing // 2 gal Jar -- 2 endlers, plants, snails // Recent losses / gains -- 2 male endlers
TurtleShark is offline   Reply With Quote