The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My Ten Gallon Project
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #12
TurtleShark
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

So, I guess it's time for an update, hmm???

Well, let's see. I now have 3 guppies, and 5 serpae tetras. All in the quarantine 10 gallon, temperature is at 88 degrees and has been there for 2 weeks. I'm going to get the planted 10 gallon cycled with ammonia before I put the fish back in it.

Speaking of cycling, it's time for a water change in the q-10. I've got a reading of ammonia AND nitrite in it. Maybe they both will cycle. No... I'm not leaving the q-10 set up after the planted 10 is cycled. Not enough room in my room for the turtle tank and both 10. As it is, the fish are on the floor. I can't even open the bottom half of my dresser because of the tank.

All fish are eating and seem healthy. The serpaes are back up to where they should be.

Had a mishap with the planted 10's light the first day I put it on a timer. The light never came on. The plants looked a little wilted for the next few days, but now they are better. The light is set to turn on at 8 and shut off at 4pm. Is that good? I was having algae problems (the snails are working to keep it under control.) I think that the algae was caused by the lights being on too long. Hopefully this will help.

So, I'm off to do a 50% water change and get some pictures posted!

Thank you for all those interested enough to check out this journal. I hope you like the tank so far.
55 gallon -- 2 bala sharks, 8 tiger barbs, 1 rainbow shark // 29 gallon -- 1 four inch painted turtle // 10 gallon -- many small ramshorn snails, 2 plants, 5 serpae tetra, 2 guppies, 2 nerite snails // 10 gallon -- 6 mollies // 10 gallon -- nothing // 2 gal Jar -- 2 endlers, plants, snails // Recent losses / gains -- 2 male endlers
TurtleShark is offline   Reply With Quote