The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My Ten Gallon Project
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
TurtleShark
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

First sign of ick... Not surprised considering without a heated house nor a heater for the tank the fish are either stressed or dead. The tank's water temperature was at 56 when I checked it just a few minutes ago. I guess, we all go through our challanges. The heater for my tank was sacrificed to the larger fish tank. Wish I had been home to catch the falling water temperature so I could have prevented the deaths.

So, two neons dead, one barely hanging on. All of the fish have been put into a heater quarantine tank for treatment (not enough surface movement in the planted tank for such high temps. Not to mention the plants use up a lot of oxygen at night.) The one almost dead neon has been seperated from the rest and is getting a douse of hot water every 15 minutes and a drip of hot water in between. I'm trying my hardest right now.
55 gallon -- 2 bala sharks, 1 tiger barbs // 29 gallon -- 1 four inch painted turtle // 10 gallon -- 5 serpae tetra// 10 gallon -- 6 mollies, 1 nerite snails, 2 guppies // 10 gallon -- Emersed set up // 2 gal Jar -- 2 endlers, 3 female baby guppies// Recent losses / gains -- 7 tiger barbs, 1 rainbow shark
TurtleShark is offline   Reply With Quote