The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Sneak peak at the new plant light!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #24
U2Kent
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan78 View Post
Also I think what a lot of people are curious about because it has often been overlooked and mislead with the Satellite+ is being able to ramp down from day light into moonlight and then ramp up from moonlight to daylight. We were told the Satellite+ could do this when in fact it can't do this. It can dim but it dims to off. There is no dull ch ramping which this light can do but there is no controller that allows this feature to be controlled on this fixture. Not from day to moon and back to day in a smooth seamless transition. This can be done with this light because there are some DIY controllers that have accomplished this. As long as this option is available and for a fraction of the cost then what use will the Ramp Timer Pro be to anyone?
this is exactly what I was trying to find out and I feel like the answers were somewhat misleading. What's the point of a ramp timer on a 4LED light if when I come home from work at the end of the day my light is already turned off and I can't enjoy my moonlights w/out futzing w/ the timer? I want a set-and-forget daylight to moonlight (ideally then to off) back to daylight cycle.

Where are those DIY controllers?
U2Kent is offline   Reply With Quote