The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New shop in Albuquerque
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
intermediate_noob
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (15/100%)

Hey there all! Another New Mexican out there happy that I am not a lone in the hobby out here in the desert!

I would echo the comments from Steph that Southwest Reef on Menaul is a great place to visit and they are very helpful even if we are "Freshies". I bought some mounting brackets for my VHO lighting there and were very helpful and even offered to special order if I had the need.

Another interesting, albeit salt water, place on the web is http://www.nmoceankeepers.com/. They have a forum and talk a lot about places around town and even have monthly meetings. I do not do salt water but you never know when one of them may have a great tank for sale or something else as far as equipment goes.

I have not been up there yet, and they are even advertising they want to sell the business on craigslist, but on Juan Tabo, south of Menaul on the East side is another salt water store as well. They have a bird shop next to it as well.

Just to throw this out there, I have not been very impressed with the plant or fish selection at Clark's lately and have been buying all my stuff online. In fact, I have found the "Swap Shop" on this forum and purchased Shrimp there at MUCH lower prices than I have found anywhere else along with great plants.

Anyway, enough of my long winded antics. I am always willing to help any enthusiast so if you guys need anything, I have extras of lots of stuff around. I do not have many plants that are worth much or are not being eaten by my fish, but like I said let me know if you need anything.

Debby as far as rocks go, have you ever thought about going down to Rocky Mountain Stone on the freeway near Fuddruckers and getting rocks there? They sell by the ton and in many cases will let you take a "sample" or two for free. We buy rocks there for our landscaping and have taken a few cobbles here and there to use in my tanks with their permission. They have some pretty cool stuff. Just remember that not all rocks are good for aquariums because they change your water chemistry.

Anyway, this time I am really going to shut up

Have a good day all, one more day till Friday!
intermediate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote