The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Mr Aqua 3 Gallon Shrimp Tank
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
tandaina
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default Mr Aqua 3 Gallon Shrimp Tank

So my Betta (The Dude, or Mr Grump Pants) got bumped out of his Fluval Spec V and has been living in a large planted vase. He quite obviously hated it. Only betta I've ever had that likes current, he's half moon so pretty small fins, swims like a champ and really likes a real tank with some moving water. Much less Grumpy Pants.

So I found a Mr. Aqua 3 gallon bow front on Amazon for cheap, grabbed an HOB filter and set it up today on the counter. One piece of driftwood, a couple rocks to hold some anubis nana, some needle leaf crypts and a java fern and he's all settled and telling me who is boss.

Untitled by JoAndRoses, on Flickr

It is a lovely little aquarium, was very affordable. Frameless, the front glass is bowed AND bevel cut, all around very nicely finished. Looks good sitting on the counter.

The light is a hallogen desk light. The plants have been under it for a couple weeks in the betta jar and seem to like it just fine. So unless they start acting stressed I'm going to keep it instead of buying yet another Finnex Ray!

Mr Grumpy Pants, now less grumpy and back to The Dude:

Poor camera phone close up shot of driftwood and anubis:

Last edited by tandaina; 09-18-2014 at 01:23 AM.. Reason: Title Change
tandaina is offline   Reply With Quote