Originally Posted by pedietz
but everything -- including the algae-- grew crazy while at 40 - 50 PPM for a half a day.
2 new leaves on the lily and a whole spray bar of algae.
This is expected b/c your CO2 levels are too high, making nutirents to plants unusable. All your nutrients, lighting and CO2 must be in good balance and porportions so your plants can benefit. With all the nutrients not being used by plants, the algae is gobbling them up.
It isn't the CO2 that makes algae grow, it's that high CO2 is limiting the plants effiency and ability to compete with algae.