The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 60P Club| Pushing NA's status further
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #14
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrottbay View Post
I am so scared to get the Besta due the type of material because I have a 36 bow front stand that is warped and falling apart due to the excess amount of water changes and cleaning of filters. Time and lack of had cost me to get it wet too many times... So I would like to find something just as elegant, simple, but made out of a real hard wood.
Yeah man... if you get your stand wet often, then the Besta may not be the ideal choice for you. I'm super careful not to get mine wet... if there's a drop of water, I make sure to wipe it off immediately. If there's a potential for water splashing, I drape everything in towels.

I think what you're describing is a DIY ADA-Style Stand. If you're good with wood-working then you can probably build one (there's plenty DIY threads on the topic). Or you can hire a carpenter and give him the blueprints.

This older thread I started before I bought my Besta stand might help you (there's links to some how to's).
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...105&highlight=