The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Here's my Aqueon Evolve 4 journal!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Brian041
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx View Post
I absolutely love my Finnex FugeRay, but I'm going to upgrade to a 16" Finnex Ray II DS LED light because it'll give me twice the PAR value which will give my plants that extra boost of lighting. All my Evolve 4 is missing would be a co2 injection system, right now I'm just trying to use up the last of the co2 tablets I have left then I'll move to a diy co2 system so I can save up for a injection system.

Right now I'm mainly focused on comparing plant growth between ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia, and in my topless 6 gallon Edge I'm going to use Brightwell Aquatics FlorinVolcanit Rio Cafe-M soil based substrate. From what I've heard from Jeff at ADGShop.com is that Brightwell Aquatics Rio Cafe substrate is comparable to ADA's Amazonia, but it doesn't have that ammonia spike that ADA aqua soil is known for.
Nice. I'm looking at the Fugeray with Red Boost. As far as the pressurized co2, a few other members have recommended the Aquatek Mini Regulator. I think it looks good and I'm going to give it a try. I thought about trying aqua soil, but I just can't justify the price tag on it lol
Brian041 is offline   Reply With Quote