The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 9 Gallon Eheim Office Shrimp Tank (Shrimp Question added!) 10/8/2013
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
tandaina
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

EDIT: The pest plant in these photos has been IDed and removed. Folks keep responding after the fact. So just adding a note. If you see this in your tank pull it out gently, it is an invasive weed.

So I bought a simple little CO2 system from Charrr89. disposable cartridges, but I wanted something cheap to try and didn't want the eyesore of a homemade system in the office. He gave me a very good deal. Watching the bubbles is... mesmerizing. :P The little glass diffuser and drop checker almost gives the tank an ADA feel without the price. I can see why folks would go high end CO2 for the auto shutoff and startup but for now this is working.

The moss is going insane! I got it to help the crypts and the DHG. The DHG shows no joy yet, but I'll be patient with it, looks like it was grown emersed so the fact that it is melting is not surprising. There are some new green blades of grass so we'll wait and see!

The moss is pearling like crazy and putting out these long thin growths that I'm not sure what to do with. Cut them off, wrap them around the driftwood, let them wave in the current? I'm assuming they are some sort of moss flower?

Picture update!
Full tank:

Untitled by JoAndRoses, on Flickr

Very happy moss and java fern:

See the shoots the moss is sending out? What do I do with these, they are fun to watch wave around but if it puts out too many more they'll become a mess!

Last edited by tandaina; 10-24-2013 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Clarification
tandaina is offline   Reply With Quote