The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Constructive Criticism on my hardscape
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #21
I3raven
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

I like the wood, but I believe the wood could be arranged better. In my opinion, I think there should be a single, obvious focal point, instead of 2 as shown in the last photo you've posted. I think having 2 focal points distracts the viewers eyes. Try to promote a sense of direction or flow by pointing the rocks in the relatively same direction, but not all the same direction because that isn't seen in nature and it seems "forced". The rocks you've arranged at the moment appears to be grouped around the wood in a circular pattern which makes it seem a bit off and unnatural. With the wood and the rocks you have right now, I think it would look best if you arrange it in a "island" layout. Look around in google images or see aquascapes created by professionals. I found this was the best way to become inspired and observe how the aquscapers implemented elements of nature in their aquascapes. I'm not sure if your looking for a natural layout, but you're making a lot of progress and I think you have the appropriate hardscape to create an appealing aquascape. Keep updating us!
I3raven is online now   Reply With Quote