The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ADA 60P---Failure....Low Tech again.
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #15
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

So, this tank is going in another direction. I was being stubborn about my 20L. It is on it's 4th or 5th try, finally kind of coming together and I just wanted to finish it. It was the first time I felt like I did decent at a natural style tank so I just wanted to see it through. At this point, it just doesn't interest me all that much and I got far along enough to know how it would have looked.

On the flip side, the 60P is just too big for the room it is in. It's about 150 sq ft. On top of that, about 1/3 or more of that room is taken up by my recording equipment, vinyl collection, etc. The tank just looks out of place. It's cool to know my Ecco 2234 will fit in here and I got verification that some paintball co2 setups will work but I just can't have the 60p in the room.

That said, I will tear down the 20 long and move the 60P in the space. I bought an Ikea Besta stand which I think looks nicer than the stands at AFA (not sure if they are branded as Archaea or not but I think they are exclusive to AFA, not sure). I haven't set up the Ikea stand, I hope I bought the right parts, lol, but it will have to have about a 1/2 in gap for the door. The AFA one fits the 60P perfectly so it may be a better choice for those who may be interested (can't find it on there site but they had more than a few in stock).

In addition, I go from a 65 watt PC fixture to a 4 bulb T5HO fixture that should be more light than I should ever need. I will now use CO2.

I was hoping to get this all together tonight but between stopping by Ikea on the way home, then Berkeley Bowl (both pretty tiring), I won't lie, I am exhausted and popped a beer the second I got home. I will assemble the stand tonight at the least, likely drain the 60P and start the rest tomorrow.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote