The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - hardscape resources
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #8
spypet
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (56/100%)

sound, make sure you confirm over the phone multiple times that they restocked the wood/rock you want. whenever I call Pacific Aquarium they are notorious for lying over the phone and telling you whatever you want to hear to get you back into the store. either that, or their delivery schedules are terribly unreliable, since every time a delivery is due, I come to the store only to find out "tomorrow" or "next week"... "so sorry".

I was just in Seavision, which is a small very well kept LPS in Astoria only a block off the Grand Central, and a few blocks from the N,W train 718.777.1007 and they had a fresh box full of petrified wood around $2-$3 per pound. They also had the same price on a large box full of Pagoda stones. They also have probably the best prices in NYC on standard AGA tanks and stands so ask for a quote when you are there. These guys probably sell more tanks than all other Queens LPS's combined. They may also be the only LPS in NYC with real live Blackworms $1/oz, not the red Tubifex junk every other LPS has. Just to give you an idea how into our hobby this place is, they actually had 40gal breeder tanks in stock and ready for sale. They only charge $20 to deliver any size tank & stand here in Queens, can you believe it!?

http://www.seathevision.com/
spypet is offline   Reply With Quote