The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New Meeting at Preuss Pets!
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
C_perugiae
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default New Meeting at Preuss Pets!

Two more workshops/meetings... whatever you want to call them.
They will be held in the classroom at Preuss Pets again; if a few people PM me beforehand, we could probably organize some food or drinks, since I'm not doing anything messy this time.

June 21st, 6:30PM- Starting a Planted Aquarium. Basically a talk on everything you need to know/have to get a plant tank started. The boss wanted something for the new customers to try. We'll probably have some discounts on hardscaping materials, gravel, and equipment.

June 22nd, 6:30PM- Fun with Latin Names. I'm a dork and need to know the name of everything I have in the house, but I've noticed a lot of people are turned off or intimidated by them. I'm going to explain how to separate the word parts and am working on a list of meanings for the plants that are common in the hobby. 20% off any two plants you can spell the names of by the end of the meeting. The Kasselman book has etymology for many of the names, so we might offer a discount on that, too.

-Sarah

Last edited by C_perugiae; 08-24-2007 at 07:49 PM..
C_perugiae is offline   Reply With Quote