The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Low Tech 29G - Few Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #56
Ben!
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

On my low tech 29 I have a 30 inch zoomed aquasun dual t5ho suspended about 8 inches above my tank and I think it is the perfect amount of light. Another benefit to hanging it is you can adjust it up and down to fine tune your light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootz View Post
I'm having some issues with my plants and think it has to do with the poor lighting currently being used. The water levels are great, I dose both a liquid fert and CO2, so I know they are getting proper nutes, so it has to be the lighting. I've looked into both LED and Dual T5 HO options and am looking for some advice as to what would work better for my setup. Options below...

Option 1: LED
30" Freshwater Bright LED by Beamworks 3rd Gen
The Beamworks Freshwater Bright LED fixture provides a high quality, energy efficient light fixture that replaces the typical single tube fluorescent light. Use the 10000K white LED during the day and the Actinic Blue 460nm LED during the night. The Beamworks LED is a sleek and contemporary light fixture that will make any other aquarium light look boring. Long lasting LEDs with no bulb replacement required.
Extendable brackets - 30"-34".
Super energy efficient freshwater aquarium lighting. No bulb replacement required.
Features:

Dimensions - 28.50 x 5.00 x 1.00
Brackets add 0.65" in height
Includes 99 LEDs
1700 Lumen
Super energy efficient .20 watt LEDs
90x 10000K LEDs
9x Actinic 460nm LEDs
Uses 26 watts
Slim and contemporary light design
2 mode on / off function for day and night use
Extendable bracket - 30"-34" max extend
Extendable bracket - 75-85 cm max extend
Non-corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
Splash guard
110V - 220V

Option 2: Dual T5s
30" T5 Dual 48W - Plant 6500K version
Excellent for freshwater and planted setups. Or supplement lighting for your existing system.
Features:

Dimensions - 29.50 x 5.00 x 1.70
Supports 2x 24W T5 HO fluorescent lamps
Standard T5 sockets
Extendable bracket - 34.00" max extend
Quick disconnect ballast
Non-corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
Acrylic splash guard
Reflector
CE Certified
Ben! is offline   Reply With Quote