The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Pressurized CO2 around Bham?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
RoseHawke
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke

Okey doke. I probably payed too much for the bottle, but it was a nice shiny new aluminum one I got from Alabrew on First Avenue North in East Lake. Very close to the Golf Course off of I-59. 10# bottle was around $100 I believe. That's empty.

But what I usually pay for CO2 makes up for it. It costs me $5 usually to get it filled at S&S Carbonic & Dry Ice Co. Address is 124 S 16th Street in Downtown Birmingham (more toward the West side actually), phone is 205-323-1626. I don't think they have a website. They fill your bottle (which is a plus if you have a nice, shiny, new aluminum one .) Usually takes me about 5-10 minutes, in and out.

Of course this stuff is closer to me on the eastern side of town, you may have to do some more digging for stuff closer to you.

Oh, yeah, the owner of Alabrew is a reefer so he won't look at you like you've got two heads if you mention what the tank is for .

55 gallon - Hi-Res — 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish
10 gallon — lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
RoseHawke is offline   Reply With Quote