The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Planted Tank “Under New Management”
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 03:05 AM   #169
CL
C-A-T-S

PTrader: (79/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantra View Post
Hey Adam, What is the excuse for advertising an obvious democrat-liberal ad? What makes you think that I or anyone else for that matter support the democratic party? Is it safe to assume that it's alright to talk politics now?

This is a "Planted Tank Forum" correct? Many here were reprimanded in the nicest way I may add and warned about expressing political views however on the front page you blatantly have an ad that goes against the rules. We were specifically told that we cannot post or talk about anything having to do with politics. Here is a capture of the ad in question:

Now I know for a fact that I have no browsing history because I browse in private mode however if, as stated above,

"The advertising on the bottom of the forum is selected using various equations, of which one is your browsing history."

I was being track it would be in no way, no how have anything to do with Michelle Obama & Elizabeth Warren (it hurts just typing their names) or the Democratic Party. Is this what is to be expected from now on? Indoctrinate much, push your personal political agenda/views much?

I'm basically asking, is it going to be one sided? If so there are many other Planted Tank forums that make it a joy to visit as opposed to being insulted by such an offensive political ad that's forced down our throats. Way to be objective PetGuide or should I say verticalscope. This is a "Planted Tank Forum" not a place to push your political agenda.

Dan
Good Lord. I read the most recent posts before seeing the and in suspect and figured it would be the kind that understandably gets people worked up (you know, the kind you see on TV? "So-in-so voted to earmark millions of dollars to go towards funding of his private hobby of forcing unwilling puppies to wear his wife's brand of dog clothing. If you support this person you -must- be evil")

All you needed to say was "what exactly is the forum policy on displaying political ads? Or something of that matter.

I agree that political ads just beg to raise controversy, but for an ad to "win lunch with politician X" to cause you this much grief? Get a life.