The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - my first planted tank...please help :/
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #42
jonnyboy
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'll try to keep this short....but having plant problems again.
My rangeri sword which has never done well, is doing worse. Holes/brown spots on leaves(new or old) and black algae growing on them. Broad leaf has also never done too well is no longer growing, and has always has a 'wrinkly' look to the leaves. My red melon sword has actually done very well at times is looking sickly with leaves dying, wrinkling a little, and black algae on it. The crypts have a bunch of algae on them, but no change with them. They always have a wrinkled look, but I think they're supposed to. The only plant doing well still is the rotala. Also have alotta green/brown algae on bottom

Dosing seachem's flourish, trace, excel, and potassium. Have 11 fish, and 4 amano shrimp. 20 gal tank, with two quiet flow pumping 200gal/hr. temp 77. Par at about 50-55. Lights are on 4hrs, off 2hrs, and then back on for 4hrs. Was running 1 bubble every 4 seconds with my DIY Co2 and diffuser which I've had off for almost a week now. No change in anything from that.

Only recent change I've made is adding the second filter. As always, any help is much appreciated!
jonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote