The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - DIY CO2 and Algae, Is My Setup Wrong?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #23
Smeagol
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafooli View Post
Also Smeagol, do you have both 2l bottles connected to a bubble counter and if so do both co2 lines go into your bubble counter or do you have both bottles connected to a t connector then into the bubble counter, if you use a bubble counter that is. I was thinking it would better just to have both bottles connected to a t-piece then the line into the bubble counter if that makes sense.
I do not use a t-connector. Both CO2 lines from the generating bottles run directly into my bubble counter bottle. In other words, there are 3 holes in the cap of my bubble counter: 2 flowing in from the generator bottles and 1 flowing out to the tank. I even use a different color of airline tubing for each generator bottle. This makes it easy to count the bubbles coming from each bottle separately. Also, don't forget to use check somewhere along the way.
55g: Finnex Planted+ & MonsterRay, Pressurized CO2 w/ Atomic inline diffuser, Eheim 2217, Eco-Complete, EI ferts. Assorted Tetras, Otos, & Nerites. Glosso, Didiplis diandra, Hygrophila corymbosa, Creeping Jenny, Ludwigia repens, Ludwigia glandulosa, Jungle Val, Amazon Sword, Red Melon Sword, Wisteria.

20g high: 2x24w T5ho, DIY CO2 & Excel, 2xAC50, Flourite, miscellaneous ferts.
Otos, Red Wag Platies, Harlequin Rasboras. Marsilea quadrifolia, Jungle Val, Cabomba, Tropica Sword, Water Sprite.
Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote