New Signature Rules *UPDATED 5/2/07*
Signatures are a great way to say a little about yourself or to display links of interest, but because they are attached to every post we want to keep them as unobtrusive and undistracting as possible. As such, we have revised the rules for signatures as follows:
1) Any image displayed must be banner size (100px high, 400px wide) or smaller. No animations are allowed as they are very distracting. One image per signature only.
2) Signatures should contain no explicit or implied libel against any vendor, group, or individual. They should be free of political or religious commentary, or any other message that might be considered offensive or inappropriate.
3) Pictures, quotes, and links should "PG". Anything you wouldn't want a 6 year old to see should not be displayed.
4) Signatures should be limited to 5 lines or less to conserve space.
5) Pictures which contain scripts are not allowed.
6) Moderators have the final say in what is an is not appropriate. Moderators will talk to individuals if they feel something is offensive, but Mods reserve the right to remove and/or change signatures at our discression.
7) Links are allowed in signatures, but please keep them related (at least in some way) to the planted-tank hobby and non-commercial.
8) Signatures cannot contain links to For Sale/Trade threads.
These rules are not meant to be constricting or overbearing. They are in place in order to make plantedtank.net an easy place to get information and advice for people of all ages. We want to keep it family friendly and ensure that the discussions are the main focus of a thread, and not a distracting signature. Please get your signatures updated this week if you need to adjust.
Thoughts and comments are welcome.
Last edited by KyleT; 08-01-2012 at 03:47 PM..
Reason: Adding 7) and 8).