The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Is my EI dosing method effective/working?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
Jafooli
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thanks plantbrain for that info,

I was actually wondering where Zorfox got this information and how I can find it:

Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) 1 teaspoon = 5,200mg
Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) 1 teaspoon = 5,800mg
Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4.7H2O) 1 teaspoon = 5,100mg

So then I can match it against my starter kit, and see if my dosing is with in the recommended ppm levels, I also want to order some K2SO4 I am not sure if aquariumfertilizer.com dispatches to the UK, I will have to ask, but do you know any UK sites that may have this? as I need it to replace my KNO3.

Also when you recommended my tank its dosages of:

1/4 tsp K2SO4
1/16th KH2PO4

How do I find 1/16, are there measuring spoons for this? and I would rather dose liquid if possible, so can I just follow http://calc.petalphile.com/ and make my own macro?... I will be mixing all these three together into a 500ml solution.

Potassium Phosphate
Magnesium Sulphate
Potassium sulfate

That shouldn't cause no complications?

I will stick with my chelated trace for now I think, and maybe if aquariumfertilizer ship to uk I will purchase some CSM + B and then add the Magnesium to the trace mix if in your opinion that would work better?

I also am a bit disheartened as my tank has hair algae and diatoms, pics in the algae thread, and from what other members have told me, its most likely my CO2, I am only using DIY for now, and I'm thinking maybe I should just stop the CO2 but then the plants won't use the ferts? and its so annoying, I been trying to remove this algae since I got my first ever tank a year ago and it didn't even have plants, co2, back then it was just a ornament tank.

This algae is staying strong in my tank and new growth gets covered in around 2-3 days.. I am focusing on growing healthy and strong plants, but I cant beat it =\ , and if anything I am heavily planted. I believe it to be hair algae and diatoms.

I hope someone can answer or just confirm for me I am on the right track with the Macro Mix, as long as http://calc.petalphile.com/ is accurate then I should have no problems making my own EI, just worried what can't be mixed together.
Jafooli is offline   Reply With Quote