Why cant I keep java moss algae free!
Hi everyone. I have always loved the look of java moss but have always had a hard time with hair algae taking it over. I have a clump in my 10 gal low light low tech cherry shrimp tank. No ferts or co2, and the tank is full of other plants. Why does my moss always get infested with algae? Anyone know how to remedy this without hurting the shrimp? I turn the light on in the morning when I wake up and of when I go to bed so its on for about 16 hrs a day. Would putting the lights on a timer help?