The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The New Preuss Pets [Spring 2006]
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #21
C_perugiae
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esarkipato View Post
They ended up reducing the price of that particular light....which to me basically admits overcharging!

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this AT ALL.....and like I said before I love the store and hope to support them soon! I just think Tritan probably had a point as far as overpriced equipment goes.
Yes, I admit, this price was too high and we did make a mistake. However, I can absolutely guarantee you that this was not intentional. I spoke with the person in charge of inventory; she told me she thought the price was just fine, only to double-check it in the computer and discover that our cost had gone down since we first ordered them in at the beginning of their availability. Wholesalers don't really tell us when these things change and she's an extremely busy person, so it just went unnoticed.

I also want to add that it is not our goal to "rip people off" on a daily basis. Giving people fair prices is what makes money and pays for the new expensive building, not snagging a few individuals here and there that don't do pricing research.

It seems like a lot of folks picture some sort of conspiracy among retail stores to pry open people's wallets as soon as they walk in the front door, and I can't speak for anywhere else, but I know that the Preuss folks do our best to get people their equipment, animals, plants, etc without breaking the bank... if they have to shell out a ton of money on one thing, they'll have less for the rest of the setup, which really hurts us in the long run.

I jumped on here to add these things because I don't want this thread to end on such a negative note; it's important to me, personally, and to the store as a whole, that people see us for who we are. Not just another arm of a corporate monster, but still that mom-and-pop store we were 25 years ago. Hopefully, I get to talk to all of you in person in the store at one time or another; if you are planning on coming in, give the store a call or PM me and I'll let you know if I'm going to be there.

Thanks,
Sarah