The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 20L - Ideas Very Welcome
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
dlanderson
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

The tank has some age to it. It has been going for about 2 years but the current setup is about a month old. I can understand what many of you are saying about having less species. I'm trying to get something along the lines of a 'Dutch' setup as my fiance likes some color in the tank.

I know I'll get some feedback for saying this but I'm running over 50w of t5HO over this tank with no CO2. I'm using the PPS dosing method and have not seen any algae issues yet. Dosing excel at the recommended rate but only every couple days. I am hoping to move to pressurized before too long but for not this is a bit of an experiment.

For plants I do like the Limnophila indica in the back and would like to keep the lotus along with a crypt species or two but I'm pretty open after that. The left side seems very jammed and while I like the balance of the red Ludwigia peruensis on the left I think it is too much. The current list of species is as follows:

Ludwigia peruensis
Lotus sp.
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Bronze'
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green'
Limnophila indica
Anubia nana
Parviflorus parviflorus 'Tropica'
Limnophila hippuroides
Echinodorus 'Oriental'

I guess I got a little carried away with the species but I'm also in the process of figuring out what will live in this tank so that I can know better once I get the 75+ gallon that I would like in the next year or two.

Thank you all for your replies.
dlanderson is offline   Reply With Quote