The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New World Aquarium
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #25
bereninga
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtweakers View Post
I've also picked up a tiny clump of trimmings(pearl weeds) on the their sidewalk while they were cleaning their planted display tank(a really nice one, too!). They siphon the water out of that tank and to the sidewalk in front of their store. I still can't find pearl weed for sale anywhere, and aparently I don't need to find them anymore, my little garbage picking is growing into a nice thicket.
Maybe I should hang out in front of the store whenever they're done cleaning their tanks. Heheh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtweakers View Post
Few stores down from Win's Tropical(Mott St.), there is this other Chinese place specialize in flowerhorns and discus and other cichlids. If you are looking for discus in NYC(and if you can speak Chinese), this is the place to go. Sorry I don't have their name, but they are on the corner of Mott St. and Kenmare(I think).
I've been to Win before. Some of their fish don't look very healthy to me though. They have a good selection. And yes, the other Chinese store near Win has some very nice discus and cichlids, but the prices WAY out of my league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_newby;
Wins on Mott is great for shrimp. You have to go there on Sunday or Monday though or they are all gone. They also have funny names for their shrimp like green chinese algae shrimp and blue tiger shrimp. All of which don't exist, but you can get some good ones...lol
I have to go there on those days then because every time I go there, I haven't seen any shrimp at all.

Official Eheim Pimp #226

Canon Pimp Club #011 - T3i

bereninga is offline   Reply With Quote