undergoing some trials and tribulations.
Just received an awesome plant package from Justari when I left town for a few days and asked a friend to feed the fish...
came home to a carpet of expanded omega one veggie discs, a few dead shrimp, and a ton of algae. Is it possible for shrimp to eat themselves to death?
Vacuumed as much of the food out as possible, didn't feed for two days and did a nice water change. Things are looking up. Cutting light to around 10 hours per day hoping it will clear up the algae.
Lots of my new plants are covered in algae, thinking about picking up some otos? My snails have never seemed to do the trick and my pleco is a lunk. Anyone have qualms about keeping only two otos?