The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Anyone using a sump?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
bernynhel
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyy View Post
I have been using sumps for over a decade on 100+ gallon tanks....
Thanks I just read your new tank thread after I posted this and saw another thread started by someone about a sump. You're new tank is awesome, BTW.

For my 55 I have a canister filter, a denitrator, and a CO2 reactor which is run by my pH meter and is piped into the return of my canister. Its a glass aquarium so I was just going to put together an overflow stand pipe for the water level and run the pipe over the rim of the aquarium. So all my gear will be in or plumbed to the sump which will pump to the aquarium. The overflow is air pressure driven so after painting it out Ill just have it and my power head in the aquarium.

So thoughts/comments on the above layout? Thanks!

I just rigged a common 5 gal sump to my 2 20 gal tanks with the same equipment as I have for my 55 so we'll see what happens.

I have a space 20"W x 15"D x 20"H under my 55 in the cabinet so Ill order plexiglass and glue a sump together to those specs (6000 cu in = 25.97 gal) or a little less, if I use 1/4" instead of 3/8" plexiglass which is $100 less per 24" x 96" sheet.
bernynhel is offline   Reply With Quote