While waiting for new parts, I have spent the week really going through everything. I get my pump head cover tomorrow which I can't wait for.
I started with cleaning my diffuser. Being inline and only having one, it's not so easy to give it a deep clean. When I last cleaned it, I injected excel into it with an oral syringe. It helped but I did bleach this time since I had a lot of time. After I was done, I did a little excel for fun. This works so much better. I can actually push air through it with just the syringe so I think that will work a lot better.
I also found a brass fitting for where it was leaking. I used some teflon tape and didn't crank too hard. Because it was not inline, I could test it for leaks using a pitcher. No leaks, super stoked.
I also thoroughly cleaned my filter, something I had not done in awhile. I rinse the sponges but not the bio media. This filter has been in use for about 4-5 years so their was a lot of gunk in it. I rinsed in tank water, hopefully I didn't loose what bio filter I have left. Luckily I had the HOB filter so I do have a seeded filter for the time being.
I also cleaned my lily pipes. I will struggle tonight to get the suction cups on. They are a real pain on the outside of the tank.
Lastly, I did some major algae removal. I tried to suck up some of the brown algae in the past but would pull up some HC. I just trimmed it like crazy so it didn't have as much mass per roots. I was able to pull it up much more easily. I still have quite a bit and am planning for frequent large water changes for the future. Hopefully I can get ahead of it.
My CO2 has been out of wack so that is my priority once I get my canister up and running. I still need to clean the glass really well but that's about it.
I lost 2 fish from jumping. I kept the water level higher with the HOB, my mistake. I can't find the things though haha.
It was actually pretty nice having the time to do each bit, a little at a time. I have reduced my photoperiod to 6 hours since my CO2 really wasn't where it was supposed to be. I also raised the light up. I will continue that for awhile, even though my HC grows upwards.
I will take some pics after I clean the glass. Hopefully my mistakes will keep me diligent and turn around the tank.