The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Near end of tank dump low pressure gauge acting strange!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
Hardstuff
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Near end of tank dump low pressure gauge acting strange!

Ok, I knew my 10 lb CO2 tank was getting low & needed gas. So I figured I would milk it out a couple more days until off from work. So my set pressure remained constant & my new Ideal needle valve was holding dosage so I figured I could make a another day or 2, maybe!
So I get home tonight to see how the tank is doing & I noticed my tank gauge reading 43 bars down from 45 earlier in the day. I figured thats not bad maybe I will make another day but since I have a cheaper older regulator I was thinking anyway that I will go with no lights for the final day before fill up. Then I looked at the line gauge which was moving back & forth back & forth about .2 bars constantly. What is that. Is it broken or is actually picking up end of tank flux in pressure?????
The other day I caught the main gauge leaking since I had bumped up the pressure to 30 psi it probably caused a leak so I pulled both gauges & taped them with teflon & then I checked the whole system for leaks & found zero leaks. That's probably why my tank died early. When I reset the working pressure I may have not backed off the line pressure all the way exposing some pressure to the gauge. Is my gauge blown? How can I tell? Or is this normal for end of tank??? Anyone whats going on with the line gauge??
Hardstuff is offline   Reply With Quote