View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #103
ajmckay
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s View Post
ajmckay

Did either of the stores have any plants? Also thanks for posting your thoughts.
Royal had a few 30g tanks with probably 6-7 variety of plants in it. They looked good and some of them were buy one get one free. I don't know enough about plants to remember which ones they were as I'm not really ready to add some to my tank yet, but they looked healthy.

I honestly don't recall if the Aquarium shop had plants... I'm sure they do they just might be mixed into the various tanks. Either way the 2 stores are so close together you can get from one to the other in just a few minutes.

I did notice that the Petco at Coolidge & 14mile had a nice plant tank. Again I can't comment to the kinds of plants, but at least they aren't the little plastic packs.

Kees has IMO the best plants I've seen lately. They had quite a variety, the FW guy Sheldon is a true FW nerd, and they have high-intensity lighting on the tank (it's a step tank so some of it is deep and some of it is shallow). I'm seriously considering buying some glosso from Kees. I'm just not sure if that would be better for my tank than some dwarf hair grass.
ajmckay is offline   Reply With Quote