The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - LFS in Michigan
Thread: LFS in Michigan
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #96
ajmckay
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

So today I made my first purchase at Royal Tropical Fish & Bird (Woodward & 11 mile). They had some absolutely gorgeous rams. I saw them yesterday and today I decided I need one so it's chillin in my desk drawer until I go home.

I also visited The Aquarium Shop, which is off main st. a few blocks north of 11 mile in downtown Royal Oak. This store is set up similar to others in the area with individual tanks set up on racks and a bit of noise coming from all the filters. Not a bad thing at all. They're a smaller shop and they don't have quite the selection that others do, however, what I did notice were some pretty unique species that I've never seen at other stores before. So that's a huge plus in my opinion. One fish in particular that I had never seen before is the Odessa Barb which looked absolutely awesome and would be a good fish for my 20L but they are a little over my budget right now... They are on my list for future fish though.
This store seems to have great quality livestock and is a little bit cheaper than Royal Tropical but not much. Then again they only have fish so they are a little more specialized. They have a saltwater section as well again with some decently priced fish that looked healthy. I would recommend this store as well. The Employees are helpful and knowledgeable, the owner gave me his card. Another employee there also seemed to be adequately engaged in caring for the livestock and keeping things tidy.

Edit* I should also mention that their lables and prices were accurate and very easy to read. Not necessarily important, but nice.
ajmckay is offline   Reply With Quote