The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Reusing a 1400K led setup from my old Nano-reef?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
Nfortch332
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Reusing a 1400K led setup from my old Nano-reef?

Hey guys,

I've been in and out of planted tanks for a few years now. I've used a fluval chi tank for one planted tank, which I then turned into a nano reed for about a year and a half. Unfortunately my landlord did some construction when I was out of town one weekend without letting me know. Tons of dust got in the tank and I was scheduled to move a couple weeks later. Between the pollution and the move, the tank was NOT in good shape.

I tried to bring it back to life at the new place but it didn't happen. RIP

Anyway,
I want to do a new tank so I cleaned everything out and got an AC filter and some ecocomplete. I have rocks from the last tank but I dont know if they are permanent yet. Here it is as it stands...cycled for a week with some seeded gravel/sponge and some eco-complete. I scaped tonight and added more so that's why there's some cloudiness.

I'll be headed to the scaping forum soon enough, and I have to cut a black background tomorrow. The sword is temporary as well for some color.

I want to spend as little as possible on this build since I'm out pretty good on the nano-reef

I have, from the salt tank, an innovative marine 8W LED light that worked really well for growing coral. It's 1400K, however, and this is where I'm a little confused. It also has moonlight on a separate cord which is nice aesthetically.

The tank is also in a sunroom! I'm aware of whats possible with that and I won't run these lights for long at first to see what happens.

Question is...What can I grow with this? I'd love a carpet (I'm sure this pops up here a lot ) but I don't know if the natural light/1400K 8W LED setup can grow that...Suggestions? I'll Put up pics in the morning.

Thanks guys!
Nfortch332 is offline   Reply With Quote