The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Okay to eat moss?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
gSTiTcH
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
gSTiTcH's Avatar
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couesfanatic View Post
Roundworms are very common in freshwater tanks. I killed a liver fluke in my tank a few months back. Intestinal parasite are common in pond water. Our tanks are obviously cleaner, but many parasites have an aquatic stage in their life cycle. I wouldn't let the dog eat the moss. It's risky.
Then again, if you're treating the dog with a preventative (ivermectin, I believe) like you're supposed to, intestinal parasites will not be an issue.
gSTiTcH is offline   Reply With Quote