The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Okay to eat moss?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #10
Couesfanatic
Wannabe Guru
 
Couesfanatic's Avatar
 
PTrader: (29/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyzzaRyzz View Post
Wait, what internal parasites?

Please elaborate!
Roundworms are very common in freshwater tanks. I killed a liver fluke in my tank a few months back. Intestinal parasite are common in pond water. Our tanks are obviously cleaner, but many parasites have an aquatic stage in their life cycle. I wouldn't let the dog eat the moss. It's risky.
__________________
Couesfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote