The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #6
sdaugherty
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

Here's my tanks, like I said nothing much to look at but i've been enjoying it and have been picking up a lot of things on these forums.

This one is my 29 Gallon Tall. I've had it for a bit over a year now. It's pretty much the kit from Petsmart. I do have 2 plants in it that are real. Having an issue with Brown Diatoms because I wasn't doing water changes like I should. My fish are doing well though and I've started regular water changes now and I hope to take out the fake plants and add a few other low light plants.

My second tank. I got it on Craigslist a few months back for 20 bucks with the stand and a 10 gallon that I haven't done anything with. This is my experiment tank. It has two 8" clamp lights with 13W CFL 6500k bulbs and DIY CO2. I just got this up and going last week. The plants are from Petsmart and I spent a lot of time googling the plant names to make sure they were actually aquatic plants and not the semi aquatic they sometimes sell. Only 1 fish in this one, he wasn't getting along with his tank mates.

This is my work in progress. It's a 38 Gallon Long I picked up last month on Craigslist for 30 bucks. The light is a Finnex Ray 2. I have a CO2 regulator on the way and an Hydor inline heater. I picked up a Fluval 305 filter on the SnS forum here for relatively cheap along with the driftwood. The substrate is Safe T Sorb. I'm on a tight budget so it's taking a bit to get this one set up.

Sorry for the poor images. I'm not very photo inclined and used my cell phone.

Last edited by sdaugherty; 03-17-2013 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: Bad links
sdaugherty is offline   Reply With Quote