The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - getting a little better at the photography thing
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #13
jeremy va
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Gotta do a +1 on LRoom vs PS. I found PS less intuitive than LR and, while I realize PS is LOADED with features that graphic arts professionals, photo pros, etc need and use, I just felt it was overwhelming for use in photo post processing and storage. A lot of this is personal preference, of course. I also got various plug ins for LR (Eg: Silver effects) and they play nicely (not always the case with software). Those are probably "built in" to PS -- I don't recall. I have used LR now since October 2010 and have many thousands of photos in it (well, in its database) and use it every few days. Ability to accessing old photos becomes important with time (dur) My G/f manages over 60,000 photos with LR and it chugs along. I've never had a problem with updating LR whereas I have had horrible problems updating another adobe product: Acrobat Pro which I absolutely HATE but which I have no alternative but to use. Intuitive is good in my world. My daughter is a student and needed to send in a valid student ID #, provide the name of the school etc. The process was (appropriately) designed to make it difficult for non-students to get a free copy.
jeremy va is offline   Reply With Quote