The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tri-State (NY-NJ-CT) LFS [Grading system added] & CO2 directory
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #64
rozdaboff
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)

I met up with a friend of mine who lives in Hoboken on Saturday, and we did a mini-NJ fish tour, hitting a few places that I hadn't been to yet, as well as a couple of others I had.

Shark Aquarium - 245 U.S. 22 Hillside, NJ 07205

I am still new to LFSs, but I have never seen so many fish tanks in one store before. It was impressive to say the least. And the tanks were clean with healthy fish for the most part. Not an incredibly uncommon selection for small fish, but still worth a visit. They did have a few tanks with plants. Newer plants looked healthy and clean, but some that had been there for a while had a good algae coating.

Ely's Aquatic Farms - 326 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932

This was one was a little out of the way, but it had a decent selection of fish, including some less common nano-fish then you would find in a typical LFS (includling B. maculata and D. erythromicron as well as some RCS and CRS) - but prices were pretty steep - with some making Pacific seem reasonable

Pet shanty - 2507 US Highway 22 Scotch Plains, NJ 07076

Not a bad selection of fish, prices pretty reasonable. Worth a visit if you are in the area, not sure I would go out of the way to go there.

Ocean Gallery II - 980 U.S. 22, North Plainfeld, NJ

This place was mostly saltwater - and a nice store for that. Not too much FW.

We also hit Fishtown in Ramsey and Rt. 4. Fishtown had some cool fish - Sparkling gouramis, Yunnanilus cruciatus, a few cool Killies. Rt. 4 had a nice selection - but nothing on the small fish side that was incredibly uncommon.
rozdaboff is offline   Reply With Quote