The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Bageezus's Fluval Spec V
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 03:56 AM   #1
Bageezus

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Bageezus's Fluval Spec V

Hello, I am new to the site and wanted to share my upcoming tank build. I currently have a saltwater reef tank and a 5.5 gallon freshwater tank.

I just picked up a Fluval Spec V at a LPS for $50. I had to have it. I also just ordered a 20lb bag of Eco-Complete Black Coarse, a Tetra HT10 to fit inside the pump housing, and a API Freshwater Master Test Kit. I have not decided on any plants yet.

I have a few questions regarding lighting. I know the stock lighting is not very strong and I wanted to replace it with something different. The light I am looking at has 15 6,500k LED's with 3 6,500k Actinic LED's using a total of 18 watts. This would give me 3.6 watts per gallon. This should allow me to keep high light plants correct?

I am also looking into a smaller CO2 system. I was thinking the Fluval Mini CO2 20 Kit. I have found you can use 16g replacement CO2 cartridge that run around $1.66 each. Let me know what you guys think. I will start posting pictures as soon as my substrate comes in. Thanks.
Bageezus is offline   Reply With Quote