erg where do i start. Been running this tank for about 3 years and every time I get the CO2 up and running the whole tank throws a wobbly and one type of algae explodes in a couple of weeks so I usually give up and take it out and stop ferts. Its impossible to manage through cleaning as its on every single plant/rock/leaf in the tank. Its killing all my new plants, again
Here are the facts
- 20% water change once a week + vac lightly over gravel
- I dose liquid ferts as per bottle which is Tetra Platamin.
- Using a 4dkh drop checker which is green. KH has risen to 12 and by chart comparison that gives me around 22ppm CO2.
- PH 7.2
- 96w (Arcadia 2x Plantpro 2x Freshwater) 9hrs/day
- Pressurised CO2 8hrs/day, inline diffuser
Plants were doing great, bubble streaming out of leaves, rapid growth, nice green leaves. In the past my thoughts were i've overcooked the ferts but if I dose anything less the plants loose green and stop growing and the algae still grows!
Im not sure how to work out the balance issue here. Im still learning this planted lark
My best guess is this is string algae as its not fine threaded like hair algae. Am i correct?